First of all, I must say that the worst part of watching a Sooner football game is the fight song. Shhhh... listen closely, and you'll hear the sound of a thousand Cowboy amens rise across the prairie.
But most importantly, I must apologize. Some of you may naively believe the Cowboys' loss was due to spotty defense, timid offense, or some other sort of tom foolery. But I must confess the truth: It's my fault. You see... I committed a most grievous error - I actually believed we could win. I really thought it was *our year.* Sigh.
As a lifelong Cowboy fan, I should have known that our first football commandment is "Thou shalt not get thy hopes up." This is is no way a bash of this team or any team of the past. It is a simple reality summed up in this wisdom of old: Pride cometh before the Poketh Choketh.
Ugh.
4 comments:
lol, you are genius my friend
So True...I was crushed last night- My hubby wants to learn how to play "boomer sooner" backwards and teach it to the OSU band to play back when it is played! I hate that song- and I don't use the word hate!
FUNNY post wording...NOT funny that we choketh. I think we all thought this was our year. Blah.
We watched the game in a house full of OU fans. Fun! Not really.
Post a Comment