Who knew OKC was home to the National Pigeon Museum?!?
I know you're thinking that a musty room full of stuffed birds sound like a rollicking good time, but it was actually very fun! Our co-op descended on the pigeon museum and took it all in.
You would seriously not believe the variety of pigeons that exist in the world. There were some with curly feathers all over their backs, some with fluffy feet, and one as big as a chicken. I loved the ones with feathers gathered around their necks making them look like 18th century European monarchs!
The coolest thing I learned was that pigeons and doves are the same thing. Mind blown.
Zeke LOVED holding the pigeons and took every opportunity to hold a bird.

The groundskeeper even released some homing pigeons for us to watch, and in honor of Prince's untimely demise, someone played held their phone aloft to play When Doves Cry. It was inappropriately hysterical.




No comments:
Post a Comment